Great expressions of love

Ludwig von Beethoven
My angel, my all, my very self
We shall surely see each other soon; moreover, today I cannot share with you the thoughts I have had during these last few days touching my own life -
If our hearts were always close together, I would have none of these.
My heart is full of so many things to say to you - ah - there are moments when I feel that speech amounts to nothing at all –Cheer up - remain my true, my only treasure, my all as I am yours.
Ah, wherever I am, there you are also –
Much as you love me - I love you more –
Oh God - so near! so far!
Is not our love truly a heavenly structure, and also as firm as the vault of heaven?
my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us -
I can live only wholly with you or not at all –
No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never -
Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves.
Be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together -
Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell.
Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.
ever thine
ever mine
ever ours
Your faithful Ludwig

Napoleon Bonaparte
 I wake filled with thoughts of you. Your portrait and the intoxicating evening which we spent yesterday have left my senses in turmoil.
Sweet incomparable Josephine, what a strange effect you have on my heart!
Yielding to the profound feelings which overwhelm me, I draw from your lips, from your heart a love which consumes me with fire?
Until then, mio dolce amor, a thousand kisses; but give me none in return, for they set my blood on fire.


Lord Byron 
If all that I have said and done, and am still but too ready to say and do, have not sufficiently proved what my real feelings are and must be ever towards you, my love, I have no other proof to offer.
My Dearest & Most Beloved Friend
Bless you -- ever & even more than ever.
Your most attached
Is there anything on earth or heaven would have made me so happy as to have made you mine long ago? and not less now than then, but more than ever at this time -- you know I would with pleasure give up all here and all beyond the grave for you –
I was and am yours, freely and most entirely, to obey, to honour, love --and fly with you when, where, and how you yourself might and may determine.

Victor Hugo
My adorable and adored
I have been asking myself every moment if such happiness is not a dream.
It seems to me that what I feel is not of earth. I cannot yet comprehend this cloudless heaven.
My whole soul is yours.
My Adele, why is there no word for this but joy? Is it because there is no power in human speech to express such happiness?sometimes I tremble lest I should suddenly awaken from this dream divine. Oh, now you are mine! At last you are mine! Soon -- in a few months, perhaps, my angel will sleep in my arms, will awaken in my arms, will live there.
All your thoughts at all moments, all your looks will be for me; all my thoughts, all my moments, all my looks, will be for you!
Adieu, my angel, my beloved Adele! Adieu!
Still I am far from you, but I can dream of you.
Soon perhaps you will be at my side.
Adieu; pardon the delirium of your husband who embraces you, and who adores you, both for this life and another. 




 

Top Blogs

Facebook Page

Pinterest

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Word Chimes